Knightly News

The Student News Site of Mount Pleasant High School

Knightly News

Knightly News

Winter Concert

The Winter Concert took place on December 4th, 2023. It all started at 7:00 pm when the jazz band took the stage.

On December 4th 2023 Mount Pleasant High School hosted their winter concert. This concert was the culmination of the students’ efforts throughout the entirety of the 1st and 2nd marking period, and the effort put into it paid off! Through their talent and the guidance of their music directors Brian Drumbore, Kelly Hanson, David Storverschlegel, and Kristin Monroe, students were able to provide their audience with a breathtaking show. 

All ensembles put forth their best work, and certain students stood out in the spotlight as well. Jazz band soloists Jake Boykin, Finn Weir & Penelope Mcdonald stole away the audience’s attention with their talented solos. The Honors Orchestra also highlighted the talents of Andrew Wagner and Andrew Holmes, with those students being chosen as soloists for the piece “Ice Sculptures”. 

The students did not play alone, and were accompanied by alumni including Stephanie Bailer and Michaela Salerni who showed up to play alongside the honors orchestra and show choir students. For more than 60 years The Hallelujah Chorus has been a tradition at Mount Pleasant, so it was more than fitting for such an epic song to close off the night.